Monday, June 12, 2006

One of those days


I am missing my sweetheart, my Jacky.
I swear I have never seen such a smart dog , calling him a dog is an insult. He was better than us, was a better son (if I may say so, cause he treated my mom as his own), was extremely obedient (only when it came to following what my mom and popsy had to say)! He actually understood what we said, knew out tones...when we were angry, even when we were sarcastic.
Better still he could speak, he actually used to call my mom as 'mauu...' He used to cry out loud whenever she came back from office and we hugged her leaving no space for Jacky to jump on my mom. Such a darling... everyday around six in the evening he sat near the main door and waited for my mom to come. He was completely pampered by my sis, I tried to make a balance by scolding him a little and spoiling him more, and he treated my lil bro like his pal!
We've had the best times with Jacky, from the day we got him (he looked like a cotton ball) to the day he left us. His mischief, his unconditional love, all will remain with us throughout the life.
There are so many tales, his little adventures which we can never forget.
I wish u cud live longer, I still need u Jacky and I miss u.
What a coincidence Ipshi, while I was half way thru my post, I got to know abt Bittu. I know what u r going thru sweety, but it's a part of life, no matter how hard it is, how killing it is, one has to accept it. My Jacky was in a lot of pain in his last days, all that we could think to pacify ourselves was that it was for his own good. We can't be so selfish, he had lived his life peacefully and had the right to depart peacefully also. We have to let them go, their memories are always going to be with us. My Jacky is still alive for me. Let's just pray for Bittu and Jacky.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a good day to read this blog. You actually made me cry. I Love him so much. I so much wish he could live longer and be healthy.

Anonymous said...

Not a good day to read this blog; was actually feeling a bit low. You made me cry. I Love him so much. I so much wish he could live longer and be healthy.

eisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eisha said...

am sorry yaar, but was feeling low too. Forget it, now we'll only talk about the good things, shit do you remember how he ate those little birds, yuck!!!!! Well not a very note to start with but atleast it was fun for him :)

Anush said...

This is your best blog to date. Its so straight from the heart. All of you who have had pets for many years have lived with so much joy and felt so much pain when they left you. My family still talks about Robin, our sweetheart cocker spaniel.

Jacky does sound like a he was lot of fun. Smart, loving doggie. Trust me, writing about him is a cathartic experience. Think of all the happy things with him and you'll be at peace.

Anush said...

ok, I just realized that your previous blog on your hubby and anniversary was also straight from the heart. :) But since at the moment I can relate more to doggy love than hubby love, this qualifies better.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you all are lucky to have and share such precious, funny, and lovely moments with your pets.

I hope that these memories add so much of meaning to your lives.

Ipshi said...

thanks sweety ... im gonna try doing this too ... well i will someday.. right now , its gonna be too hard .. but i can imagine myself doing that :)

thanks to all of u girls for being there for me so unconditionally .. god bless u all ..

p.s. nice save with the 2nd comment :)

Anush said...

Hey ipshi, will always be there for you and the other gurls. I can't think of office without any of you. Seriously, its not the work as much as the people that matters to me. Imagine working in a factory like place with 'colleagues'. God, I feel spoilt now.

And thanks for appreciating my subtleness the second time round.

eisha said...

seriously, the only reason that's holding me back from quitting is u guys.
I can't imagine being without friends.

Ipshi said...

this is gonna sound like a mutual admiration society but i need u guys around too !!! ur the same-age sisters iv alwaya wanted to hav (by the way ... hav u noticed that all of us have sisters?)