Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yaadein............




Finally I got some time to write for my blog. There is something gravely wrong with my bosses, either they give us no work or bombard us with it, neways, guess today it's going to be slightly light. So before anyone catches me without work, I'll write something about my friends. My friends, whom I met in an all girls’ college!!
Coming from a co-ed school, I had never imagined studying in an all girls’ college. And with the reputation these colleges have, I was nearly sure I wud never end up in any one of those. But u know how it is, the farther u try to run from things, the more they follow u and one day beat u in the race and are there in ur face! All my dreams of getting into engineering were shattered by my family when I cleared this entrance for a teaching course. Full of apprehensions and anger I joined the college. My first few days were really bad, I took longer time than usual to adjust in that strange place. Though my department had the most sincere and serious (looking!) girls in the college but it was hard to ignore the general crowd there. All the girls (trust me all of them) thought that they were fighting against each other in some kind of a contest (read beauty contest :) ). Coming from the department, which was into serious stuff like teaching, we had to carry huge bags to college. I am sure people on the street believed that either we were running away from home or trying to sell agarbattis or surf or similar stuff! So as Ipshi says, the moo point is that we HAD to carry huge heavy bags. But the girls around us had these really small purses (pouches wud be apt) which cud not hold more than a few coins and a cell phone may be. We always had floaters or sneakers on, in contrast to their stilettos, we wore cotton kurtas with the most unmatched lowers and duppata (some kind of a fashion statement we thought, it gave us that theatrish, purposeful look), they wore net, silk, satin in college! It was rediculous, I mean seriously, how can one study or for that matter enjoy carelessly after wearing such things.


But it would be a lie if I say I didn't enjoy all that. It was mostly fun to look at these things, you get to meet all kinds of disillusioned, funny people. Plus the advantage of being in a colourful environment...you just have to look outside your classroom window to ward of those bouts of sleep. I found the most sweetest friends in my college. We were a group of 11 girls, Vani, Amita, Maneeta, Jasmeet, Fauzia, Priyanka, Sarita, Meenu, Sapna and Simi.
All special in their own way, all unique in their own way. We’ve had our share of fights, we have laughed together, grew up together and till date can stand up for each other at any point of time.
How we used to hate making projects and long to leave the college to start our careers as soon as possible. We were so wrong, we had the best time in college. I miss the days we used to bunk our college and go to Meenu’s place and dance till the evening, sometimes we used to go to Amita’s place and just sit and chat in her little cozy house (Oh and I still remember the way she used to cook - she always managed to scare me - the way her hands moved, it was probably the smell of spices that made her hyperactive) and our practice for dance competition at my place till 5 in the morning (My sweethearts, my family never asked us to stop, never created a fuss over loud music and very sweetly understood how important those dance trophies were for us)

Those special moments have kept all of us together, all these years. I hope it remains like this always and i hope we still hug each other whenever we cross each other's path.

7 comments:

Ipshi said...

cant decide which one to comment on .. so iv decided to comment on all !!!

welcome to the wunnerfull world of blogging .. keep writing and maybe we can link our blogs to each other ... wot say???

Anonymous said...

Hey Eisha! You actually remember names of all your college buddies. The only name I can recollect is that of my neighbor’s granddaughter, Tanushree. Or is it Tanusha? Maybe Tanisha. Think you’ve got my point. Good luck with blogging!

eisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eisha said...

hey husna, thanks for reading the whole thing. And yes, probably these are the only names i remember :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so, I actually would have left a comment weeks back had there not been a technical glitch then. So anyway, what I did observe was that you seemed to have a fun time in college. With such a big group you were almost part of a mini army.
And when do we see some more dancing??

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! The dance nights and the Red sparkling stolls that we made till wee hours.... Everything came back so fresh :)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP free shiting pissing